Tuesday, June 01, 2004

June Tool

There's an old tradition on Stupidusers called Tool of the Week that has been ignored for a long while now. I hereby bring this tradition back in grand style with my nomination for Tool of the Month: Jeff Vintar.

Not content with just ruining I, Schmoebot, Screenwriter Hack extraordinaire Jeff Vintar is working on an adaptation (read: butchering) of Asimov's foundation novels. He wants to "create something which is still recognizably Foundation, and yet give us a narrative that has the requirements of a film." I've got a better idea: stay far, far away from this movie. You're already on my list with Keanu, Ewoks, and Jar-Jar, please don't make it any worse...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jeff Vintar movies coming soon to a theater near you:

Nueropuppets: All the great tech of William Gibson combined with Keanu Reeves and fuzzy puppets.

U.S. Philbotics: Taking I, Robot to a whole new level, Dr. Phil helps overweight robots with their diets.

Planet of the Ewoks: Planet of the Apes lacks a feel-good theme, so he's re-writing the story to include everyone's favorite plush sell-out toys, the Ewoks. Rumor has it there will be guest appearances by Jar-Jar, Henry Rollins, and Bill Paxton.

CNE said...

I laugh at your blind rage that has spattered upon this blog. But at the same time, I appreciate your passion in trying to protect Asimov's Foundation series, which is one of my favorite series of SF novels.

Somebody at ThinkGeek should create a t-shirt that under a picture of an Ewok written, "(*&#$ You, Lucas!" You'd buy 14 of those in a heartbeat.