Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Google tests waters with terabyte e-mail limit

CNet reports "Google just escalated the e-mail storage arms race by a factor of 1,000." Right now, the VP's at Hotmail and Yahoo mail are swearing loudly and in the direction of Google HQ. Even I'll admit that I don't need a terabyte of e-mail storage, but I can't fault Google for trying. I wonder if Yahoo still thinks their shiny new 100MB free accounts look good. Side note: how much do you think a terabyte GMail account would go for on eBay?

2 comments:

CNE said...

This could have been a test, according to some rabble going on in Slashdot. My gmail account reports: You are currently using 0 MB (0%) of your 1000 MB.

Unknown said...

If it was posted on a blog, I would have believed it less. You would think CNet would do some fact checking...