Thursday, May 13, 2004

Chat Woes for OS X

Instant Messaging on my OS X laptop has been uncomfortable. As much as I love the simplicity of iChat it leaves a lot to be desired, especially in the area of file transferring. Cross-platform IM clients may be functional, but lack usability. On a desperate serch, I stumbled across Adium X. It is not something unknown to Stupid Users staff -- IceBurrg and chopper_D both have experienced the pains of constant updates and crashing. Despite the developer's constant update push, its still better than using iChat.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Adium X rocks. I've been using it about a month and it's the best multi-protocol IM client available for OS X. Fire.app worked, but Adium X goes the distance providing all the bells and whistles of a pay-for app. Once again, Sourceforge to the rescue!

CNE said...

We'll call it a true "multi-protocol IM client" when they support ICQ. Given their update schedule, that might happen in about a week. :)

Unknown said...

Their update schedule is so frequent that they reversed time and put in ICQ support from the beginning of the project. Seriously now, check your settings, ICQ support has been there from the start.

CNE said...

I stand corrected. I was thinking ICQ was the same as IRC. And its IRC that I wish would be supported. I've been spoiled by Trillian in the past.