Saturday, December 18, 2004

More G-mail Goodness from Google

G-mail and RSS, a match made in geek heaven? While checking my G-mail this morning I noticed the live bookmark icon in Firefox's taskbar letting me know that there is an RSS feed available for this page. I immediately bookmarked it. After checking to make sure it worked, I went to G-mail's help to look up information on RSS. Sure enough, G-mail now has Atom feeds. Now, you can use an aggregator to check you G-mail! Bloglines just got a whole lot more useful!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Side note: While searching for a link for the words geek heaven in my post, I found out that Apple has registered the domain name www.iphone.org. Well it's about $%^# time!

Unknown said...

Stop the presses! This is bad, bad, bad. Check this out:

http://www.bloglines.com/sub/http://gmail.google.com/gmail

If you subscribe with Bloglines, it saves your password and makes the feed available to everyone. At last check, there were over 20 mailboxes (and their passwords in the URL) available.

Do NOT check your G-mail with Bloglines.